Sunday, May 21, 2017

Define Your Dash # 20: Active Goals

I had my big huge list of goals I wrote out in January and I am doing alright with some of them and failing miserably at others. For example, it is hard to exercise with a toddler. I'm still going to get in shape but it is requiring some serious creativity. On the other hand, I have kept up with these posts and am being more social with my ward and finally got up the courage to start my other blog.
So, I want to talk about that for a minute. I started a blog called Mommy Practice which, despite what all of the tutorials I have read recommend, is not a very good niche blog. It is all over the place. But for now that is okay. I purchased the domain and hosting in September and didn't get going forever because I got so bogged down in having everything perfect before I started.
I was obsessed with the idea of monetizing it right away in order to help bring in income. I have calmed down, realized we are okay financially, and am now using it as a learning experience. It has been so fun to write, and take pictures, and learn about graphic design and marketing (something I never did anything with in school). It has also caused much introspection and been a part of the reason I go out of my way to make my days more interesting and eventful.
I would still like to monetize it (or a version of it once I figure out what I am like the most) someday. But for now, I am progressing. I am learning. I have a hobby that I enjoy.
My new goal is to have a decent source of income from the blog by the time my youngest child goes to kindergarten (provided the government doesn't irreversibly screw up the internet).

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that Richard Rivera is a wiz with marketing and graphic design. I can P.M. you his phone number if you ever have questions. I don't know if you already have his number or not.

    ReplyDelete