Sunday, January 8, 2017

Define Your Dash #2: Transport

Question: What are all the modes of transport you have used?

Car/Van/Truck

  • Orange Vega: I don't remember much except that we had an orange car when I was little and it had a hole in it.
  • Van: grey, black, sea green, red . . .my parents got a van when I was a kid and have been trading them out ever since.
    • Bangkok to Phichit
    • Phichit to Myanmar
    • All over Bangkok
  • Death mobile: little blue Toyota that I learned to drive stick in.
  • Caucasia: my first car gold 1997 Toyota Corolla
  • Truck: We bought a truck right after Link was born and I don't know if I can go back. Red Ford f150
    • Bangkok right out of the airport no seat belt sat on the shift stick. . .
  • Taxi: Bangkok, Phuket, and Pataya

On Water
  • Canoe: at girls camp in Cedar City, in The Floating Market in Bangkok, and in a lagoon in the Phi Phi Islands 
  • Ferry: down the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok and from Phuket to the Phi Phi Islands
  • Double Decker Tourist Boat: Around the Phi Phi Islands
  • Longtail Boat: Around the Phi Phi Islands
  • Duckie: Down the Colorado River
  • Paddleboat: Lake Havasu
Airplane
  • SLC to Pheonix multiple times
  • SLC to Disneyland (Choir Tour)
  • SLC to LA (on the way to Thailand)
  • LA to Taiwan
  • Tiawan to Bangkok
  • Bangkok to Cambodia
Train
  • Sleeper train Phichit to Bangkok. I started with the bottom bunk but Alisha came down to talk to me and fell asleep in my bed so I had to sleep in the top. . .
  • Trax: rode it for a field trip when it was first built, then to college and work for over two years
  • Super crowded train from Phichit to Phitsanoluk each Sunday for church (church took us eight hours in Thailand)
  • Freezing Train: literally so cold it gave us all runny noses
Other
  • Motorcycle: in Phichit to the local Kodak store
  • Tuk Tuk: all over Chang Mai and Siem Reap
  • Camel: in a Zoo in Pheonix
  • Horse: My moms cousins farm
  • Elephant: Up a mountain in Chang Mai to see the Long Neck Women
  • Zipline: Camp and Olympic Park in Park City
  • Bicycle: all over Utah, lot of the Jordan River Trail, Phichit, and Chicago
  • Feet: everywhere else

No comments:

Post a Comment