Question: What goals do you hope to achieve this year?
Goals are so important to me. Each year of my marriage Nick and I have sat down one of the first family nights of the year and written out our goals. I then tape them to my dresser right next to my bed so that I can see them every morning when I wake up and every night before I pass out. We create goals in categories, together than individually. Throughout the year I check them off because I reread them so often. Some goals are more personal than others but this is kind of what our goal sheet looks like.
- Family Nights and Family Councils each Monday
- Study the Marriage and Family Relations on Saturdays and Sundays
- Study the Book of Mormon with the BYU videos Monday-Friday
- Study Christ everywhere
- Read all of the Sunday School and Relief Society lessons before church
- Read D&C and study it
- Go to RS activities when possible
- Fulfill all callings to the best of my ability
- Keep up personal blog (journal)
- Participate in more service opportunities
- Start some kind of play group in the ward
- Hike Mt Olympus
- Make new friends
- Obtain life insurance and verify a will
- Do all Fun Pass Activities
- Date at least once a month (2 x is better)
- Go camping down south and other places
- One Family Activity a week (pass, hiking, dinner, etc.)
- Diet together, help each other make better eating choices.
- Fewer treats, buy healthier food
- Eat in moderation
- Exercise 3x weekly
- Finish laundry room
- Fix the bathtub
- Baby Proof
- Invest 401k
- Stick to the budget (log purchases in goodbudget)
- Learn more about graphic design and photography via lynda and the library
- Look into taking a class at SLCC with Americorps money
On my copy all of this is filled in, and Nick does have goals I just didn't think I should put his on the interwebs. Hopefully having it out there creates more accountability.